VINYASA YOGA FOUNDATION TRAINING WITH SHELLEY WILLIAMS, GENEVIEVE PUJALET, AND SUZY NECE. If you are interested in deepening your practice, expanding your knowledge, gaining a Yoga Mittra certification, and stepping into a wonderful yoga community, this is where you begin your journey. We offer our 200 hour Vinyasa Yoga Foundation Training course from our hearts. Each year, this course is offered beginning in January. It is usually a four month program, meeting two weekends per month.
Weekend Meeting Times:
- Fridays 5:30-9:00pm
- Saturdays 9:30-11:00am or 11:00am-12:30pm, 1:00pm-4:00pm and 5:30-7:30pm
- Sundays 8:30-10:00am, Noon-5:00pm
Be sure to check out our Current Calendar of upcoming trainings and immersions.
Participants are also required to practice 3x per week in any class taught by Genevieve Pujalet, Shelley Williams, Suzy Nece, or other approved teachers for duration of program. It is especially important to practice regularly during the course, as it will give context to the material presented, enhance your understanding, and support your learning experience. There will be light homework assigned in conjunction with the course in the form of class observations, classroom assisting, specific practice classes/ workshops, special reading assignments, and reflective writing. These hours are part of the 200 hour curriculum.
About the Program:Whether your intention is to share yoga with others, or simply deepen your personal practice, you will have the opportunity to learn and experience the following:
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Reading and discussion of classic and contemporary yogic texts.
- Understanding the branches and lineages of distinctive styles of yoga.
- In depth study of primary and intermediate asanas: key alignment points, contraindications, and benefits
- Basic Anatomy and application to asana
- Develop skills in hands-on adjustments to enhance student healing and kinetic understanding of alignment
- Developing a keen eye to recognize the balance of alignment, anatomy, and applying pertinent modifications to the students’ individual needs
- Developing clear language and effective cueing for optimal teaching
- Basic Sanskrit pronunciation and etymology
- Deep understanding of classic namaskars
- Key concepts in understanding of Yogic bandhas
- Injury prevention and healing within the asana practice
- Methods and templates for creating/sequencing individual and group classes
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Simple meditation techniques
- How to teach beginners
- Designing and understanding the arc of well-balanced class
- Introduction to the art of intelligently sequencing vinyasa classes with peak poses
- How to incorporate alternatives for pregnant students in mixed level classes
- Learn to teach yoga, with an emphasis in vinyasa, that gives you the tools of a strong foundation with the freedom to develop your own voice
- Team-teaching community yoga classes
- Developing a personal practice
- Karma yoga
TO SIGN UP:
contact Yoga Loft, Manhattan Beach at (310) 372-7334 or visit them online at www.yogaloftmb.com